Peterborough Business Project Blog

This personal journal by the editor describes the creation and growth of an online news and information service for a city's business community

Monday 14 January 2008

Quite a day

AS well as having to deal with the busiest day of the week at Fleet News, I've also started to get a reaction to Peterborough Business today.

Since I created the group and business page on Facebook, some of my friends have shown an interest. Some of them seem quite keen to get involved. I just hope I get the same reaction from the advertising side of the business.

Sarah Dodds at MacIntyre Hudson also sent me an email with words of encouragement and a few things to think about. Thanks, Sarah.

Looking at the web stats, 30 people have now stumbled upon Peterborough Business. Hardly rocking the world on its axis, is it? I'm going to move the website onto its own server at the weekend and that should affect search engine results, but I shouldn't be getting too excited.

I talked to my wife about the idea over dinner - the first time we've really discussed it. She's predictably cautious and encouraged me to speak to lots of people before I resign my proper job. She also volunteered her help in lots of ways, which left me feeling quite positive.

So it feels like I'm moving into the information-gathering phase. The website does a fairly good job of communicating the idea and might result in some feedback. The next stage is getting out there and asking questions. Maybe business plan-type questions.

I'm also going to add a section on the forum for feedback about Peterborough Business itself. Please leave a comment or two.

2 comments:

David Kohl said...

Looks like a really, really good idea to me...
It's the sort of idea I'm a little peeved that I didn't think of and implement first...but I also suspect you're better placed and more qualified to make a success of it...

Martyn Moore said...

That's a huge compliment. Thanks. If I get enough encouragement like that, I might even have the confidence to make it happen. I'll need some help, of course, and I know where you are...