Peterborough Business Project Blog

This personal journal by the editor describes the creation and growth of an online news and information service for a city's business community

Saturday 5 January 2008

Slow progress

BUT progress all the same. I've finally got over losing the diary entry on New Year's Day and feel more inclined to post another update.

This is the busiest time of the year at my proper job, so I either get frustrated at my lack of time for this project, or end up working into the night.

The website has gone just about as far as I can take it with my own web skills. It needs a proper web designer and dynamic content management to take it to the next stage and make it properly useful. I don't have the money to pay for that, so if somebody wants to help, you can imagine how things might work...

I've put some traffic monitoring code into the site's pages and it's interesting to note that a handful of people have stumbled on it already.

I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing by putting everything out there. Somebody could find the ideas at any time and launch something similar with real resources. I suppose my hope is that they would be impressed with the work in progress and propose something with me rather than against me.

No comments: